Card

Card
Good pubs, Good Beer, Good People

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Go Ahead; Make a Liar Out of Me

I recently featured Dan Schneider of The Stirling Hotel as a Guest Blogger, and he penned a great account of a recent New England Beer Dinner held at his pub. As an afterword, I added that he and his hard-working, topnotch staff would take a brief hiatus from beer dinners--at least until Spring arrives. 

What does he do? He orchestrates a "mini-beer dinner" by having a tap takeover with Southern Tier on March 10 at 5 PM. The event will feature some rare ST beers paired with three "prix fixe" courses. Extremely rare and limited Four Headed Woolly Mammoth, 2XSMaSH DIPA, Where the Helles Summer? and Live will be on draft and paired with whatever his wunderkind chefs Ryan and Brandon can come up with. Considering what they've already generated from the Hotel kitchen, it's probably safe to say that at the very least, the dishes will be phenomenal.

"Hoss" adds that it "won't be nearly as extravagant as our regular beer dinners, but should be a fun time." I suppose he can hide behind a technicality when it comes to my writing that "In any event, Schneider and company will take some time off before presenting another beer dinner..." because, technically speaking, this event is not a beer dinner.

But with those beers and three courses, he's walking a very thin line. I will have to attend just to see that the line isn't crossed, I suppose.

You probably should, too. As soon as I have more info as to menu items and price, I'll share it.

This guy is wearing me out! But, sheesh! What a way to go...

Cheers!
The PubScout

No comments: