Big doings this Saturday at Uno's on Rt. 1 near Menlo Park to help get you in the Oktoberfest mood!
As he has since he took over brewing duties, Chris Percello is once again bringing some very solid cask ales to the brewpub. What's more, he's tying the event into a fundraiser for one of my favorite causes--the James D'heron Memorial Foundation. A portion of all proceeds will go to Jimmy D's foundation, which actively supports the Art Luf Burn Camp for Children.
Chris's lineup of beers should be enough to pack the joint. Eight stellar brews are in the lineup, and don't forget to snag a pint of
Chris's excellent Oktoberfest on tap.
- His NJCB Bock Beer and Sterling-hopped 32 Inning Ale will be available, and his guest brewer casks are outstanding.
- Carton Brewing will bring their Pumpkin Cream Ale (9%) and their Brunch Dinner Grub Country Ale (6%).
- Another Jersey brewer, Kane, will chime in with Driftline Oatmeal Brown Ale, a 5.8% brew conditioned with maple syrup and Bourbon soaked oak chips.
- Flying Fish offers its Redfish (7%) and Basil T's (that's former Uno's brewer Mike Sella) is sending its 5.5% Pumpkin Ale.
- Der Brewmeister himself, Dave Hoffman will have his gold standard Oktoberfest on the hand pump as well.
With that kind of lineup and a very worthy cause to boot, wend your way to Uno's beginning at Noon on Saturday, October 6. Be sure to bring the form that will designate your intent to have up to 20% of your tab donated to the cause.