Card

Card
Good pubs, Good Beer, Good People

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Quick Hit: To the Dark Side

Brewer Chris Percello's doing some good things over at Uno's on Rt. 1 near Menlo Park. He just sent me a tip that he has a new "Dark Lager" ready for savoring, so I hied myself thither to try it. It's dark, but not THAT dark. Not like, say, his Porter or a Black Lager. It's actually a pretty beer. Good nose, very smooth on palate and exceptionally tasty. At 5.3% it's a great choice for a session beer that will satisfy most beer geeks, and it should complement a wide variety of foods as well.

In return, I dropped him off a bottle of "Winter Rental" from The East Coast Brewing Company in Point Pleasant. When he shares his review with me I'll share it with you. In the meantime, do yourself a favor and order up a Dark Lager at Uno's. I doubt you'll be sorry.

Cheers! The PubScout

No comments: