Card

Card
Good pubs, Good Beer, Good People

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Beer and Cigars: Heaven in Tampa

After the missus and my three lads, beer and cigars rank pretty high in my life. Comes now news of a seven-month-old brewery in Tampa walking off with a Gold  Medal at the GABF for a beer that tastes like a cigar box.

"Cigar City's Humidor Series India Pale Ale won gold in the "Wood-Aged Beer" category. The company entered seven of its styles in its first year of competing at the festival. The Humidor brew bested 32 other beers in the category.

It's the second award the brewery has won this year. In February, brewer Wayne Wambles won a first-place ribbon in the Atlanta Cask Ale Tasting for his Mayan Chocolate Imperial Stout."

Click on the link below to read the story. I've contacted the brewery to see if they'll ship some up this way so I can report on it officially. I could probably go to NYC to get some, but then I'd be a temporary New Yorker. Today, at least, I'd rather be in Tampa. What DO they call people from Tampa, anyway....

 

Cigar City Brewing wins gold in national beer competition

No comments: